Glad to here that you got it to work, but

I have a bought Cert (Verisign) and on the same client (my home PC) I have
no trouble with connecting at HTTTPS://domain...
and use the OWA with formbased logon with the same username/password that
I am trying to connect Outlook/ over RPC-HTTP

I cant get into outlook - because it prompt me for the username/password
when I use the profile that should use RPC over HTTP - so I canīt try the
trick with CRTL + outlook icon