All advice appreciated...

We have recently introduced Outlook 2K3 into our Exchange 2000
environment. Our laptop users we have configured to run Outlook in
"cached exchange mode".

In the same time frame, our *.stm has exploded from about 1.5 GB to
approx 9GB. The *.edb file has not grown (apart from normal mail
services).

Why would this have happened? Is it not related to the introduction of
Outlook 2K3? Is it related? I have not yet run esutil, as there are
other space issues this has now highlighted (and means until I free up
some space elsewhere I can't run it, knowing I need approx 110% free
space, and we now only have 1.79GB free on the drive the db's live on).

I have searched the MS-KB and come up with nada. Ideas, suggestions all
welcome...

Thanks,

themolk.