Good luck.. Have fun with the ADC.. the newer the ADC the better..
unless you are going to just Exmerge over night one night?

-- Rev. Kevinm WLKMMAS, Exchange MVP

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 6:30 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Just a quick question

Hi all,
Scott is correct, i'm not upgrading the NT4 box with Exchange 5.5 on it.
This will remain on the NT4 BDC as is, in a mixed mode situation. I have
the new kit as the PCD now and will upgrade it to Win2K. Then install AD
with the new domain name. I believe now the netbios domain name will be
retained so exchange should continue to function as normal on the BDC.

I have just built the scenario in my test room and made the switch and
all
seems to run fine. I will now install Exchange 2000 on the Win2k box and
migrate the users over to Exchange 2000 from 5.5.

Thanks for all your help......invaluable as always.

David