Ok it seems that when I reply to many messages from mailing lists via OWA the replied
message seems to have an attachment (and some new postings also) .  At first we
noticed that all messages were using UTF-8 so found the setting to change it from that
to our regional setting.

That didn't solve the problem.

I've tried to search the archive to no luck also searched the support.microsoft.com
site.

Config is W2k server with latest sp(4) and hotfixes, E2k with sp3, with post sp3
rollup and latest security patches applied.

Anybody have any ideas?  I have my profile set to send all my e-mails as text only
which as you know OWA doesn't pay attention to.

Doesn't seem to make a differance which version IE we use.  tried from IE 5.0 sp4 up
to latest IE 6.0 sp1 + rollup