From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 11:14 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Free/Busy issue removing last 5.5 server in the site

Hi Everyone,
  I have one 5.5 server, which also happens to be the first server in the
site, that I would like to remove.  I have two other Exchange 2000 servers
in the site.  I followed the instuctions and made sure there was a replica
of the Free/Busy folder (among others) on one of the Exchange 2000 servers.
When I shut down all of the services on the old 5.5 server for a test, I
start to see errors on the server without the replica.  Event ID
8207 Souce MSExchangeFBPublish. It inidicated it had a problem getting the
data from the old 5.5 server.

  I decided to replicate the folder to that server as well (however, I think
that you should only have one version of the folder in a site - is this
correct?).  I let it replicate over the weekend, and then this morning I
tried it again.  I am seeing the same error, but this time it indicates it
is having a problem with the public store on itself.  If I turn the services
on the old server back on, the error goes away.  At no point have I had any
reported client issues when the error is logged.

  I looked at technet article 824282, but I don't think it applies, as the
problem goes away when the orignal server is on.  I think I have some sort
of replication issue, but I am not sure what it is.  Checking the public
folder on the Exchange 2000 server, it says the Schedule+ Free Busy folder
has replicated.   Has anyone else seen this?  If anyone has a pointer for
me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Virginia