From: Miller, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 12:12 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 2000 SMTP queues

All,

First I would like to thank all who responded to my "secure e-mail"
thread
last week. Looks like we will be looking into Tumbleweed for the
possible
solution...

Now for the question. We are to a point now in our upgrade Project from
5.5
to 2000 that we are replacing our current 5.5 outbound IMC servers with
2000
SMTP connectors. We did a pilot test yesterday - and although delivery
was
fine - the queues seem almost impossible to manage under 2000. It
creates a
"virtual" queue for each and every SMTP domain that it delivers too.
Within
30 minutes I had 200 queues listed. Refreshes on the queues were taking
4 minutes (whether from the console or remotely) -  and the server was
not
under a heavy load performance wise. Also, I see no way to sort all
queued
messages by "date, originator, etc - as in 5.5... Are there any 3rd
party
tools that make queue management any easier?

Thanks