Hi,

I have a few users using SMIME and Digital Signatures when emailing
internally as well as with a nother external company.

- When emailing internaly with the 'Encrypt messages and attachments'
the end user has fast performance via Outlook.

- When emailing externally with the 'Encrypt messages and attachments'
& the 'Add digital signature to this message' they are 'hourglassed'
sending the email for about 30 seconds.  If they receive an email back
with the same level of encryption from the external company it takes 80
seconds for the email to open up after typing in the users pw.

- The digital signature has been added locally from the external users.

Outside of normal testing internally and externally I am unsure of why
the long delay is occuring.

Is this due to the digital signatures, the SMIME, CA, or anything in the
Exchange environment?

Or is this normal?

Thanks in advance,

Erik L. Vesneski