From: Steve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 2:45 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exch2003 GAL update problem?

When creating new mail objects it is taking roughly 24 hours before they
appear in the GAL to MAPI clients.  My first thought was the RUS, but I
have created some new objects and done the following:

1.  Opened the default GAL object in ESM and did a preview to see if the
new objects appeared there.  They do.

2.  Verified that the new objects have teh showinAddressbook attribute
populated (along with the other attributes that the RUS populates...all
checked out ok).

I can send mail to the new objects though thier proxy addresses, but the
object do not appear in the GAL and I am having a rough time figuring
out why.  My environment is a native Exchange 2003\Windows 2003
environment (inplace upgraded).  Has anyone else seen this or have a
suggestion on something that I might try or check?

Thanks,
Steve