That should be sufficient. Stop the System Attendant which should stop
everything else.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Force [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 11:27 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Removing 1st Exchange Server

Exchange 5.5/NT 4.0
I'm using Ed's move server method and I'm at the point where I am going to
test and make sure I did everything correctly.  MS article 152959
recommends disconnecting the old server from the network to confirm that
the procedure was followed correctly.  My old Exchange box is my PDC and I
don't want to bring it down.  If I just stop all the Exchange services
will this produce the same effect as removing the box from the network, or
is there something else running in the background the will not give me a
true test that I did everything correctly?  Thanks in advance, Scott.