I've got someone trying to create a custom Outlook (office XP) install onto
Windows XP Professional with latest SP and security updates.  He's using the
Custom Installation Wizard to configure Outlook to create a profile to
connect to our exchange server and use the %username% variable to read the
username.  After the installation Outlook gives the error "the name could
not be matched to a name in the address book".  Has something changed
recently with Microsoft's security patches or service packs that would
prevent this from working properly?  Q306932 seems to say this "is by
design", but it used to work... Q308997 even tells you how to set it up this
way.

Any suggestions?