-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of RBHATIA
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 10:05 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: EDBUTIL or ESEUTIL

I'm running Exchange 5.5 on NT Server 4.0 Is it a good idea to do an offline
defrag of my information store (as it hasn't been done in almost 6 months)
and the size is considerably large. I'm aware that Exchange 5.5 is known to
do a good job with the online defrag, however, would it still help to cut
down on the size of my store by doing an offline defrag ?
I have read all of Microsoft Q Articles on this topic but would still like
to know about a real world scenario.
Since it's Exchange 5.5 I will be using ESEUTIL. Moreover, this would help
me when I upgrade to Exchange 2000 in a few months as it will reduce the
size of my information store.
Also, any warnings I should consider before I do the defrag ?