-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sanjeev Sharma
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 5:18 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Recreate mailbox

I have two Exchange 5.5 servers running Win NT 4.0 Server platform. One of
the users mailbox is acting very bizarre e.g. opening any old/new email
sometimes takes about 3-4 minutes resulting less productivity for him.  So,
I decided to do the following to resolve his issue.

Since I have two exchange servers Exchange1 & 2 and his original mailbox
resides on Exchange2 server. I have created a new mailbox for him on
Exchange1 instead of moving his original mailbox over to the other server.
Also, I haven't deleted his original mailbox on Exchange2 server yet because
he still have lots of mail, contacts & calendar items which needs to be
archived.

Would it be considered as recommended method in this scenario, if I archive
his existing mail, contacts and calendar items locally then create a new
mailbox on the new server which I already did or is there another better
method you would recommend?

Also there are about 2000 messages in his inbox and about 1500 in his outbox
plus his contacts and calendar items.  Is there a faster way to archive
these items?  In addition, how can I preserve/move his future appointments
in the calendar folder to his new mailbox before I delete his original
mailbox?  Thanks for your assistance in advance.