Dear All

I would be interested in any comments about the following ethical
problem.

Recently I was contacted by an acquaintance who sent me the following
email.

Hi

I would be grateful if you could forward an email to your colleague’s
users about a number of telephony and Internet access packages I am
involved in offering to BT users.  The Broadband Offerings start at
£15.99, which I believe is amongst the cheapest around.  Tiscali that I
know you have good experiences of supplies the packages.  They would all
save your users money and some of them are free.  If you want to you
could join up as an associate and make money as well.  The users can find
out more info by visiting www.telco-store.com

Thanks for your assistance.

My question to you is whether if I were to send out a mail to my
colleagues would you consider this Spam.  I do believe that this is a
good offering from a reputable company which would save my users money
but it could fall under the category of unsolicited email. However  so is
a global email to my users warning them of Spam from Nigeria for example
or warning them that somebody has left their car headlights on in the
works carpark !! Do you consider this different to producing a paper
notice about this offering and sticking it on the works notice board.

I welcome your comments

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?