You should be OK, as long as your purchase records and paper license count
match up against your usage in the event of an audit.

I'll assume that you purchase your MS products from a reseller who
participates in one of the Volume programs - Select, OLP, Enterprise, etc. -
and that you got one Outlook 2003 CD and all of your CALs as paper licenses.
In the case of volume media, the activation is disabled.  When MS announced
their plans for product activation years ago, corporate customers (rightly)
complained that they didn't want to have to activate 100s of copies of
Office.