From: Shotton Jolyon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 12:14 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Greg's Utterly Fascinating Views on Ethics

Greg wrote:
"Well, you're missing the big picture and the whole point, but yes, if you
paid Microsoft, even one dollar, then it would not be such an egregious
breach of ethics."

Well if you aren't smoking crack / eating babies / whatever else it is
you're not doing then maybe you should start because your arguments are
getting weaker.

Your initial assertion is based on a sound principle and you had a case to
argue from that principle although you would never convince many people.

But now you genuinely seem to be proposing that *buying* a title would be
more ethical than *earning* one.  That is plain potty and I can't believe
that you will stick to that when you consider it again.  I don't expect you
to give an inch on this list but privately you must be thinking that was a
bit of a blunder if you are thinking at all.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.