What do the users see in the GAL from Outlook? - just nothing or a bunch
of empty lines that can be highlighted?

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Fortin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 5:08 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: GAL not showing up after 5.5 to 2003 migration

We have migrated users from 5.5 to 2003, now the users do not see the
elements in the GAL.

I test from a user which is DOMAIN ADMIN.

In Exchange System Manager, under Recipients, All GAL, Default GAL, i
checked that the "default permissions" allowed my users to read the
information.  "Authenticated Users" have under the "Special permission"
(not
inherited) Read, Execute, Read Permissions, List Contents, Read
Properties,
List Object, they also have Open Address List (not inherited) and List
Contents (inherited).  The Domain Admins have everything but Full
Control.

Under the General tab, when i hit "Preview..." i see the list of
elements
that should be in the GAL.

Why aren't my users (Office 2003, Office XP, Office 2000 and possibly
97)
not seeing the GAL ?

Regards