Not of any help to you, but I used this method without any problems. The
only drawback I've found is that it appends my disclaimer to the very bottom
of every message, rather then below my actual response. I guess that's the
price you pay for free...
Regards,
Sean Martin, MCSE
Network Administrator
Ribelin Lowell & Company
Insurance Brokers, Inc.
3111 C Street, Suite 300
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
Ph: (907) 561-1250
Fax: (907) 561-4315
Cell: (907) 229-0885
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Western [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 10:16 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Disclaimer
Hi Guys,
Back again. Has anybody had any sucess getting this thing to go? I've
regsvr32 the .dll file, and added the path in the registry to the .dll file,
added my outgoing disclaimer and then restarted the IMC but it fails to load
with a 'Internal Windows Function failure' or some generic rubbish. The
event log says
The Internet Mail Service did not start because the custom routing program
could not be loaded. Verify that the setting for the custom routing program
in the Routing tab of this services object in the administrator program
points to a valid DLL. If no custom routing DLL file exists, then remove
the setting.
is there several versions of this file floating around or just the one...???
I've searched google for it, but to no avail...
Matthew
PS I've got rid of the registry entry and my IMC goes again so no dramas
there..
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Western" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Disclaimer
> have you read this knowledge base artible? pretty darn interesting. good
> spotting Joe. i'll be trying that out.....
> -----Original Message-----
> From: missy koslosky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Wednesday, 15 August 2001 12:38 PM
> To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
> Subject: Re: Disclaimer
>
> nah, it isn't true. Microsoft folks sometimes make KB articles up for
kicks
> when bored.
> Okay, I'm just giving you a hard time. It's fun. In any case, I believe
> this may be addressed in the FAQ.
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Missy
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joe Heaton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 3:55 PM
> Subject: Disclaimer
>
> I know this topic has been discussed before, and if someone can point me
to
> the archive I will gladly look there, but.... I have gotten my hands on a
> M$ Q document (Q258206) which talks about IMSEXT.DLL. It says that with
> this, and editing of the registry, I can include a disclaimer on all
> e-mails, outgoing, or incoming.... Is this true? Has anyone here worked
> with it? Is there an easier way? I am running Exchange 5.5, on NT4.0 SP5.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Joseph L. Heaton, MCSE
> NT Administrator
> FDI Consulting, Inc.
> Sacramento, CA 95815
>
> List Charter and FAQ at:
> http://www.sunbelt-software.com/exchange_list_charter.htm
>
>
> List Charter and FAQ at:
> http://www.sunbelt-software.com/exchange_list_charter.htm
>
List Charter and FAQ at:
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/exchange_list_charter.htm
DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this communication unless you are the
intended addressee. This e-mail communication contains confidential and/or
privileged information intended only for the addressee. If you have received
this communication in error, please call us immediately at (907) 561-1250
and ask to speak to the sender of the communication. Also, please e-mail the
sender and notify the sender immediately that you have received the
communication in error.
List Charter and FAQ at:
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/exchange_list_charter.htm