From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 4:26 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Changing the From address

Hi the list!

We're setting up our Exchange/Domino coexistence systems prior to our
migration
from Domino to Exchange. One of our aims is to reduce risk, so wherever
possible
we're going to use the existing systems. So it's planned that during the
coexistence period incoming smtp mail from external organisations, people,
lists, etc, will continue to be received by our Domino SMTP server, and then
when relevant be routed to the Exchange environment through the Notes
Connector.
Outgoing smtp mail, however, will be routed direct from the exchange
server(s)
to our iSP's relay host, ie not via the Domino server.

This all works fine (in a test lab), except in the case of replies from
Exchange
users to incoming smtp mail. These get routed back through the Connector to
the
Domino server, then out from there as smtp. So it still works, but we'd
rather
it went direct. The reason it's doing this is because an extra Domain name,
representing the Domino domain, is being added to the 'from' field on
inbound
messages. Example: an inbound message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] will
eventually
arrive at an Exchange recipient and the from field will read:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@DOMINO_DOMAIN_NAME  .

Is there a way I can get this last part stripped out? If it just read
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' then the reply would be routed as we want it. Our
system
is Exchange 2000, probably with Outlook XP clients.

Tom Burke

prohibited.

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax                +44 (0) 2476 42 5432