When we switched to Exchange 2000, we found that it was much more
unforgiving of improperly set up MX records, and some mail would not go
through that did prior to the switch or that still worked from other
companies.....My company also operates an ISP so we had control over
some of these and were able to figure out the issue

here is how my DNS guy explained it to me...

>OK - anytime you see this with a domain hosted by us, we
>can fix that immediately.  If the domain is not hosted by us
>then the thing to do is have the ISP/Company that hosts the
>domain check the DNS zone files for the mail server MX
>record - usually looks like this:
>
>COMPANY          IN      MX      10 mail.company.com.
>
>The period at the end of the string is part of the MX record.
>Then find the host name in the file - SHOULD look like:
>
>mail            IN      A       123.456.789.2
>
>rather than:
>
>mail IN CNAME mailhost.ispcompanyname.net.

When we changed that info thinsg worked again, obviously this is
difficult if you don;t control the DNS and MX record.

May not be your problem, but it was ours in several cases.

W. Andrew Philips
Customer Service Manager
Networks Plus
Phone: (785) 587-4121 x202