From: Matthew Western [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 5:19 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: nEW sERVER

Hi People,

I've got a new machine for a very small exchange server. I basically want to make sure the databases are consistant, stop the services on the old machine and move the files to the new machine and restart the machine and away we go. how do i make sure the database is consistant state? If i set the services to disabled (all the exhange server ones) and then restart the machine it should make all the databases in a consistant state?

it's only a very small database (less then 500mb) and i don't want to stuff around with either tape drives. I thought about exmerge, but would be nice to not have to recreate the mailboxes by hand.. (only 15 mailboxes).....

Any thoughts?

Matthew

List Charter and FAQ at: