From: Juan Ramirez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 10:15 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: NDR On Exchange 2000 SP1

When I send messages to a particular remote domain I receive an non-delivery
report (NDR) similar to the following:

Your message did not reach some or all of the following recipients.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 9/5/2001 2:68 PM
Your mail system could not find a way to successfully communicate with the
destination system. Please notify your administrator. <servername #5.5.0>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 9/5/2001 2:68 PM
Your mail system could not find a way to successfully communicate with the
destination system. Please notify your administrator. <servername #5.5.0>

In the Event Log I get the following:

Source:MSExchange Transport
Category: Connection Manager
Event Id: 4001
The error message is 'An SMTP protocol error occurred. The SMTP verb which
caused the error is 'RCPT'. The response from the remote server is '550
Relaying is prohibited.

Not all messages fail, for some reason when the users sends the message again it goes thru.  All messages are legitimate users of our domain.

Any ideas?
Thanks

List Charter and FAQ at:
List Charter and FAQ at: