BE = Veritas backup Exchange. he should dump ArcServe (see I said it for you) Exchange Agent is faster/clearer  backup and restore then NT backup.
-----Original Message-----
From: EALES, Jack / RSAIFS - IOM [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 9:22 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Reclaiming Disk Space

Michele, (sorry can't find the keystroke to do the accent ;-p) I was under the impression the Agents for Exchange (i.e. Brick Level Backups - sorry to swear William.. ) were BAD?? I've never used BE (more's the pity) but I have had the same experiences as William - Arrrggghhhhhserve and agents ..... all of which are not even good enough to be classified as terrible....... that would be insulting to bad software ;-)

I know OFE and Exchange is a no - no ..... but NTBackup works just dandy for us and our 60Gb+ on 2 servers Exchange 5.5 setup here....

I was warning him based on the fact that he stated clearly that he currently uses A*&@%rve...... I can't bring myself to use it's name in public any more.... and does an offline backup...... so their agent would be the "logical" choice for him and that would be BAD BAD BAD (back me up here William - PLEASE??)

Sorry if I cause offence.... but it's something I can get a little passionate about...
Jack