From: Montgomery, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 1:00 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Server Client communication

Someone asked me a question that I was not positive of the answer to.
If you could either answer it for me or point me to where I could find
the answer I would appreciate it. Is the communication between Exchange
5.5 and Outlook 98 encrypted?  If someone happened to be sniffing the
wire could they read the email that was being passed? Thank you for your
time,

John Montgomery
Information Technology
LAN Administrator