From: Andrew Baker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 4:49 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: WAKE UP!!!!

>>Granted people could still carry makeshift, non-metal weapons on
themselves,
>>but maybe we need a general pat-down as well.  I would gladly deal with
that
>>extra "hassle" to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

I won't even bother providing an example of how easy it would be to get a
ceramic knife aboard a plane EVEN IF you were patting people down.  It would
just add another useless step.

>>Would any of you set up a brand new firewall and then not update it for
five years?

I wouldn't consider that a good analogy, as a firewall is only Perimeter
security.

Does you organization have a Host-based IDS system on each machine?

- ASB

List Charter and FAQ at: