From: Clark, Steve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 4:00 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: SMTP mail retrieval using in e2k

I use 2 methods in 5.5:

1. Set MX1 to your firewall or Ex server if it is public (not advisable). Now all email will be delivered to your Exchange server (to test - telnet exchange server name or IP address on port 25 to see if it will respond).

2. Set MX2 to another ISP or service for backup.

I had this conversation about a month ago and got some good feedback regarding ETRN. I'm still in the process of discussions with my ISP about how to enable ETRN on their side and trying to understand the config from my side. If you're interested in reading more - there is a link on my site in the links section that points to a FAQ on different locations about this. There are also lots of articles on MS's site using the keyword ETRN.

Hopefully, there will be a lot more responses about the how and so forth after this.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Clark

Clark Systems Support, LLC