We have two Exchange 5.5 SP3 servers in different domains, one on NT4 and
one on 2000 Server (don't ask why, way too complicated & political). Users
homed on the 2000 server now need access to calendars on the NT server.
The 2000 server is NOT a domain controller. The two domains have a 100Meg
LAN link.
I can't get Exch5.5 on the 2000 server to communicate via a site connector
with Exch5.5 on the NT server (still with me?), I get a
DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM error.
Technet article Q150880 seems the only article remotely relevent, and says
"If the Exchange Server computer is only a member server of the domain and
not a PDC or BDC, remote administration will not work. The Exchange Server
must be either a BDC or a PDC."
Anyone know if it's possible to get around this, or am I missing
something? I don't really want to have to remove 2000 for NT, nor do I
want to install Active Directory.

List Charter and FAQ at: