Title: RE: weird exchange/outlook problem

Deja Vu? I think we're working on this problem with someone else too.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Winzenz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 11:37 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: weird exchange/outlook problem

Hopefully someone out there has some ideas about this.  Here's the scenario:

NT 4.0 SP6a Server w/Exchange 5.5 SP3
User with 9x (still, I know, but soon to be win2k) and outlook 2000 -  the
user is actually our site manager and VP.

About 6 months ago, his previous administrative assistant left the company.
She had been set up with permissions to access his mailbox, and also had
"send on behalf of" permissions.  Her user account and mailbox have been
long since deleted.  Here comes the weird part.  Ever since she left,
whenever a meeting request or appointment is sent to this site manager, a
delivery failure notification is sent back saying that the mail could not be
delivered to the following recipient:  <name of terminated assistant>.  We
have searched and have not been able to find anything we could do short of
moving his emails to a .pst, deleting the mailbox and recreating and
reimporting his emails.  If anyone has other ideas, that would be extremely
helpful.  If more information is needed, I will strive to provide it.

Thanks,

James R. Winzenz, MCSE, A+
Associate Systems Administrator

Peregrine Systems