Did you run the EXCHANGE optimizer after you installed the additional RAM?

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Mailloux [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 11:23 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: E2K's memory usage

Hello,

We have 1 E2K server w/SP1, on top of a W2K server w/SP2. It runs on an IBM
Netfinity 5100 w/933 PIII processor. At first, it had 512MB of RAM. And
there was plenty memory left. But the size of the memory used by the
STORE.EXE process kept on increasing. Pretty soon, all the server's memory
was being used (or commited). Recently, I decided to buy 512MB more. The
server is now running w/1024MB of RAM. Again, the first weeks, there was
memory left, about 350MB. But now, the "freakin'" STORE.EXE uses almost
600MB of RAM and the server's memory is "maxed" once again. I would be
surprised if we had A LOT of users, but right now, we are about 20 users. No
OWA. Straight mail and a small Public store (about 150MB).

What on earth is happening??? Is this normal? What ca I do to improve the
situation?

Thank you,

Eric

List Charter and FAQ at: