I had tried at the Microsoft forums and got nothing back.  I thought I would
try here. If anyone feels this is off topic, please just ignore<GRIN>!

A new client called with a SBS server with everything installed.  They are a
K-8 grade school and have little money.  It was installed as part of a
network and they wanted email out of all of this.  There is an ISP that does
'store & forward' so they could do this via a dialup parttime connection.
They are also using this server as a proxy server for shared websurfer.
It's a busy little server.  It's also setup for multilink connection using
two USR modems to the ISP.  I updated NT to sp6a and exchange 5.5 to sp4.  I
turned off IIS on the public IP addresses also.

I got most of it running well, but one part.  It appears that after a while,
mail will get stuck in the IMC with a message stating that it cann't resolve
the name for the host. I setup the proxy to be 'on' or availible from 6am to
6pm M-F only. I setup the IMC to poll for mail every 4 hours for 15 minutes.
The store & forward routine at the ISP should poll for the mail server in
about a 10 minute cycle for mail inbound to this server.  I found the server
once dialed up but the dialup was not passing traffic and there were
messages stuck in the queue.  I brought up the dialup monitor and dropped
the dialups.   They dialed back up and mail was flowing.

Any suggestions?  I am at a lose here on what to do next??

Thanks,
Lyle

List Charter and FAQ at: