Title: Firewall Configuration
Hi Bruce,

My Exchange is in my inside network and I use illegal IP address on the exchange and use a rule to change requests for the routable address to the illegal address behind the firewall.    another word,  it is in my DMZ network.   What do you mean by moving it to the trusted interface?    I have 2 NICs on the firewall,   external one and internal card.  my exchange's IP is 192.168.1.10 and the routable address for it is 128.200.129.10.

From: Briggs, Bruce [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 8:22 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Firewall Configuration

Where is your Exchange server and your Outlook clients with respect to the firewall?
If you have your Exchange server on the DMZ interface, consider moving it to your trusted interface.
Most people feel that having Exchange on the DMZ is worse than having it on the trusted interface because of the ports, including RPC that need to be opened.

Bruce Briggs
System Administration
State University of NY