From: Jamie Domingue [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 7:07 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Unified Messenger for Exchange

Yes.  It integrates well with Exchange.  I have installed it both on an
existing Exchange server and on a separate Exchange box both running
Exchange 5.5 and had no problem.  As always a good backup of the existing
Exchange server is highly recommended.  Version 2.46 will run on either NT
or Windows 2000.  It will work with almost any major vendors PBX system.  It
relies on the existing Exchange infrastructure, connectors, directory
replication and IS etc., to send and store all voice messages.  All of the
admin work is done via a web interface which is a nice feature that allows
the admin to work on the system from any machine running Internet Explorer.

As for the Avaya solution I have never worked with it.

I'd be happy to provide more info if you need it.  Cisco has this product
and the specs for it documented on their site.

Jamie Domingue