From: Patrick Smallwood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 12:40 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Mailbox Recovery Server

Looks like you already have the answer about this.

I have a question about Right Fax. How are you currently supporting this?
Any contacts? Docs? I know, a nice blanket question...but any info would be
great

Thanks
Pat

"Stephen J.
Norton" To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues"
SNORTON@sheeh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
an.com> cc:
Subject: Mailbox Recovery Server
10/23/2001
04:44 AM
Please respond
"MS-Exchange
Admin Issues"

I'm in the process of building a mailbox recovery server. This machine is
a PIII 733 w/ 256 Ram and two ATA 100 IDE drives. First drive is
partitioned for the OS and logs, second for the databases. This box is on
our network as a stand alone server. It is configured with same service
packs as the production box.

My current production server runs an Internet Mail Service and Right
Fax connector.

Am I correct in assuming I do not need to install any connectors on
the recovery server in order to restore the database and recover a
mailbox to export to a .PST?

If I do install the connectors on the recovery server, has anyone had
any experience with regards to conflicts in this type of environment
with the production server?

If I do install the connectors on the recovery server and my
production server fails, can I run the recovery server as a temporary
production server while the failed server is being repaired? I know
the recovery server will be slower due to the IDE drives. I believe I
should be able to point everyone's Outlook 2000 to the recovery server
and at least have basic, if slow email capabilities.

Lastly, I run InnoculatIT on all servers and desktops. I've spoken
with Antigen and they have a 30 eval that I can download and install
on my recovery server. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and patience.
List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: