From: Todd White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 October 2001 08:26:PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange Recovery Question

When I recover Exchange to another server, EXACTLY SAME HARDWARE AND
SOFTWARE LAYOUT except for server name, why doesn't the mailboxes appear
with all the information such as Phone, Job title, etc.  Is this because the
server has a different name?  This is using Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 or  8.6,
Exchange server 5.5 SP4, and Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
Todd White
System Administrator
LaserComm Inc.
972-941-0276 Voice
972-941-0223 Fax
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are the property of
LaserComm Inc, its subsidiaries or licensors and are intended to be private
and confidential.  This material is intended solely for the individual to
whom it is addressed.  The material is protected by various laws, including
those related to copyright and trade secret, and may not be used, copied or
distributed without the express permission of LaserComm Inc.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete the correspondence.

List Charter and FAQ at:

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.
Astrium Limited
Gunnels Wood Road
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 2AS

Tod

As long as you have the SAME Server / Site Name / Org Name, it should work, regardless of the Hardware in place!

I personally would make sure the drive configuration is the same too if poss

Simon Weaver

NT Domain Administrator

Ext. 5544

Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)