I disable license manager on all my machines as it is a pain in the ass....

-----Original Message-----
From: Rauno Muilu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 31 October 2001 08:02
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: SBS exchange license problems

Hi all,

I have a mysterious problem with SBS exchange licensing.  I have upgraded
SBS to 4.5 more than year ago.  After that I have purchased more client
licenses.  Previously I had 10 client license, now I have 30 client license.
The problem is that I'm out of exchange licenses almost all the time.  When
I connect to DC server from other nt server with license manager (it is not
possible with Sbs server) I see that there still are entry for old exchange
version 5.0 and it looks that the exchange is counting licenses from that
amount (10).  It is not possible to modify that entry in license manager.
How can I remove the exchange 5.0 entry from license manager ?  Or is there
any other way to fix the problem ?

Thanks in advance !

Rauno

List Charter and FAQ at: