I upgraded a station from Win98 to Win2k.  I made the fatal assumption that all contacts and other Outlook data were stored at the Exchange Server in the Information Store.  After reattaching to Exchange, I could not find any of the contacts or other data.  I'm assuming the Outlook was directing the data to a .pst file and that this file was stored in the folder containing the user's profile data.  However, I cannot find a .pst file anywhere.  So, could the upgrade of the OS have erased this file?  Can outlook read/write to a file with an extension other than .pst?
Thanks in advance.  Boris