You may want to ask NT-SysAdmin this question.  I hate desktops.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Gonsalves" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 1:03 AM
Subject: Problem with BackupExec Agent for Win95/98...

Hi all,

I have a problem with this agent for win95. I am running an NT 4 server
SP4 with BackupExec Enterprise Edition 7.x. Certain pc's are backed up
everyday, whereas certain computers don't show up at all. I tried
everything from reinstalling the agent  to re-installing the net adapter

and tcp/ip but it just does'nt show up at all. The only thing left is to

re-install Win95 which I have'nt done yet.

I thought that this might be a problem with BackupExec 7.x. So I asked
for an Eval copy of Veritas Backupexec 8.6 (the latest) and installed it

on the server and installed the new agants for win95/98. Guess what?

It still cannot see some computers running the agent. WinNT workstation
backups are a breeze. No problem at all.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention. The Backupexec server cannot and
will not backup Win98 agents.  It will only backup the win98 clients
unexpectedly say maybe once in 10 days or 3 days in a row and then
blank....

Maybe these agents are playing Hide-and-Seek with me. I don't know. I
checked Veritas Kbase but nothing.

Please help...

Glen Gonsalves.

List Charter and FAQ at: