From: Andrew Burt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 7:59 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: GAL sorting

Question is:

Winnt 4.0 SP6a
Exch 5.5 SP3

We use both an internet connector and a text paging connector (PageMaster). Many of our users have two addresses in the GAL, one for their email and the other for their pager.  When doing a GAL lookup to send email, sometimes the email address is first and occasionally the pager is first.  While the icon in front of the address differentiates the two, we often have complaints from users because their pager is first and other users send email to the pager instead of the email account.

Is there a way to sort the GAL so that email addresses is always first. Does anyone know why exchange seems to put the addresses in the GAL randomly?

Thanks

Andrew Burt
Network Administrator
City of Southlake