From: Allen Crawford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 10:35 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: compacting IS (was Large Exchange Store)

I have a quick question for you guys.  Originally I read that you should leave enough space free in your RAID array (at least twice the size of your store) so that you can compact if needed.  However, I have since learned on this list that compacting is not a good idea unless you absolutely have to do it, so I'm wondering if I really should reserve all that extra free space on my array or not?  Since I'm in the planning stages of how much mailbox space to give our users as we move to server-based storage, I was wondering about this.  Thanks a lot.