Title: Message

We tracerouted it to some place in Cali by Orange and Santa Ana.  It just times out when it gets there.  I had my friend log into his account with POP3 and use an incorrect password to see what that error looked like—and it of course gives his login name and says incorrect username or bad password.  Because that was what I originally though it was too.  It does happen about once every minute as well.  Oh well…

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Ely [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 2:27 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: event id 13004

Is it a constant connection attempt?  Have you tried tracerting to the address to see where it goes?  It's basically an authentication failure for someone trying to POP their mail.  Could be someone's PDA at home configured to try connecting to the server to download their mail.

Otherwise, dunno.  I would think you would see what account was failing its credentials.  I've never seen that specific error on any of my servers.