Title: Newbie needs help
This thread about relaying keeps coming up, so it must be a hot issue. I have just been through the whole process of finding out my Exchange box was being used for relaying, securing it, finding out I was black-listed, getting off the black-list, etc. Start by going to http://orbz.org and reading all the FAQ's. On the FAQ page is a link to the MS article on securing your server. You can also learn how to find out if you are on the DNS black-list and how to get off.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff A. Clarke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 9:02 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Newbie needs help

My exchange seems to be sending (relaying?) out a ton of mail.  My server seems to continuously use up RAM until it is exhuasted.  I have scanned all our PCs/Servers for virus and everything seems to be clean.

Platform W2K, E2K all latest service packs.

I can somewhat contain the problem thru Exchange System Manager under Administrative Groups|First Administrative Group|Servers|MMT02|Protocols|SMTP|New (this is our connector) |Queues - then Freezing all messages.  I can see something like 100 or so queues.  I can't delete them.

What steps should I do to stop and prevent this problem.  Any help would be appreciated!

Jeff Clarke
IT Manager
Micro Molding Technologies, LLC
(561) 738-5197