From: Gian Sartor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 7:00 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: MTA & X400

Hi,

I have a small problem which I am hoping someone can shed some light on as my knowledge in this area of Exchange is a bit limited at the mo.

We have 2 Servers transferring mail over X400 connectors, the link between them went down last night, so mail started backing up in the MTA. The connection between the servers is back up now, but the mail is not being transferred. Can I stop and start the MTA service without losing any mail? I also noticed Event ID:9156 in the Application log of one of the servers, I found this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q193894&GSSNB=1 which relates to the problem but I don't want to change anything unnecessarily.

Any help with this would be great, thanks in advance.

Gian Sartor MCSE
IT Support Engineer
List Charter and FAQ at:
List Charter and FAQ at: