From: Simon Sculthorp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 11 December 2001 8:11 a.m.
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Characters being moved in messages

Hi,

Exchange 5.5 server running SP4. Clients are OL98, OL2000, OL2002 and Outlook Express.
Has anybody else seen messages that have characters moved around. Generally this tends to be the first letter of a word tacked on to the back of the last word.

It only happens intermittently to about four users, out of a client base of about 500. One of these users also intermittently gets a whole line that changes colour to lime green after he sends it out!

It only happens on mail send externally and in HTML and seems to follow these users. We use MailSweeper to scan for viruses and we have a third party, MesageLabs, that scans our mail for viruses, Spam and Pornography. We've changed their profiles several times.

I've got a call open with Microsoft, but we don't seem to be getting very far. I wondered if anybody out there had come across something similar before these users drive me nuts.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Attachments in this message have been swept
by NAIs TVD (version 4.0.4175) for the presence
of known computer viruses.
List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at:

Notice of Confidential information

The information contained in this electronic mail is CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, intended only for the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that the use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please immediately notify us by return or telephone (call collect to 07 577 6049) and destroy the original message. Thank you. .

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by MailMarshal   www.marshalsoftware.com

List Charter and FAQ at: