Sharing this answer from Sybari Tech Support. It clarified my question; hope
it's helpful to someone else.

:o)  Bob Peitzke

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 1:56 PM
To: Bob Peitzke
Subject: Re: Question on filtering

Hello Bob,

Yes, we do check headers. However, since there are so many types of file
extension types, I recommend you use *.exe with All File Types checked. For
example - executables - there are many different types of executables,
including self-executing. Using *.* with EXE file types does not leave room
for files that are .exe's, but may be classified as something else, which I
have seen before. Using *.exe with all types does.

Hope I cleared things up instead of making them more confusing.

Thank you,

Holly Kipp
Sybari Software, Inc.
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:  631-630-8500 Option # 23
http://www.sybari.com

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bob Peitzke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/11/2001 01:59:56 PM