From: Randy Hensel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 5:57 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Information Store Limit

I am running Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a and Exchange 5.5 SP 4 (not Enterprise) I have run up against the 16GB information store limit.  I have managed to the IS started again and would like to take steps to reduce the IS size.  My plan is to:

  1. Move data to PST files
  2. delete unused mailboxes
  3. reduce deleted item retention

Is this a good plan? Should I also do an off line defrag? Any thing else?

Thanks

Randy Hensel, MCP, Network Systems Administrator

Coffey Communications, Inc.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

509.525.0101 Ext. 594

509.525.4793 (Fax)