Hi,
I need to access Exchange 5.5 Directory Store information including
GAL and Address Book Views etc. There seem to be many possible ways
of doing so. You could write applications using MAPI, DAPI, Exchange
Development Kit(EDK) or LDAP. Could someone point out the tradeoffs
amongst these methods? For one, I came to know that DAPI connect
requires around 10 seconds. Also, the Address Book Views, seem to
violate the LDAP hierarchy structure, when viewed from an LDAP client.
For e.g. the following tree structure could be seen:
  ou=_ABViews_,o=company
  |_cn=GroupByCity,ou=_ABViews_,o=company
    |_cn=NJ,cn=GroupByCity,ou=_ABViews_,o=company
      |_cn=Raj,cn=recipients,ou=site,o=company
Are there any such limitations, when trying to access the directory
data using any of the above methods?
Thanks in advance,
Rajalakshmi Iyer

List Charter and FAQ at: