From: Benjamin Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 9:19 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Off topic Win 2k issue.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Ellery July wrote:
> It is amazing how secure these NT,2000,XP machines are. That admin
> password is very tough.  If you lose it you might as well just toss
> the machine in the river.

  The thing that annoys me is there is no Microsoft-provided way to reset
the dang thing, even if you have physical access to the system.  Let's face
it, if you have physical access, your security is toast, regardless, so all
this does is make our lives difficult.  The ironic part is, one solution to
this problem I frequently see posted is to boot Linux from floppy and use a
special tool to edit the SAM.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| The opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do
| not | necessarily represent the views or policy of any other person,
| entity or  | organization.  All information is provided without
| warranty of any kind.  |

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: