If u do a directory export and then reimport it, it will repair the x400
addresses.  Thats assuming that this is actually your issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jimmy Dejesus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 7:32 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: A required directory operation was unsuccessful (HELP!!!!)

Everything works fine execept OUTBOUND email.  Internal mail works ok when
people are connected inside the LAN.  I believe the X400 addressing is
messed up.  Is there a way to fix that?  Do I need to do a new install of
exchange 5.5?  If so, Can someone tell me how to do that?  I think
soemthing went wrong in the organizational name.  I have to have this
working or I'm screwed! :(  I hope anyone else can help.  My Aol AIM is
"hgljim"  I hope someone could help me...  Thanks.

> Sorry, Jimmy.  It seems I have more questions than answers.
>
> Is there ANY outbound?  Is this user specific?  ANY changes made to the
> system at all?  Connectors removed?  X400 addressing messed up?
Drivespace
> ok?  Nothing else in the app event log at all?
>
> I have not seen this before.  Hopefully someone else has?
>
> In your position, I would probably take an online backup.
> Apply Exchange5.5 sp4 over again, and have another look.
> Then I would plan to apply NTsp6a and reapply Exchangesp4 in the near
> future.
>
> Or I might call PSS.
>
> William

MAIL