We are merging with another company and are getting rid of sendmail in
favour of becoming part of the new companies Exchange 5.5.  They have one
Exchange 5.5 site, a pair of replicated Exchange 5.5 servers on NT4 in
separate NT domains (different cities), connected by a 2meg link.  The
original setup was done by contractors leaving me and a copy of "Teach
yourself Exchange" to do the migration.  I am in the same city as one of the
existing servers, connected via router and 2meg link.  I want to set up a
new server in the same NT domain but make it a new Exchange site.  I have
managed to set up an exchange site connector with the Exchange server with
the IMS but cannot test connection or mail delivery.

My questions are:
- do I need a BDC for the domain on my side of the router (perhaps with
WINS)
- should I put the new server in my domain (but I want to get rid of my
domain and put everything in other companies domain)
- how do I test that I do have a connection.

thanks,

James.

List Charter and FAQ at: