Depending on their connection type, specify an IP range under the relay tab
of your Virtual SMTP Server(s).

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Kerr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 9:39 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Relaying problem

Hi

I appear to be having a problem with some remote users attaching to my
exchange server using Outlook Express.  The issue is that if I allow
relaying all remote users are able to send and receive email.  However if I
have it this way I am susceptible to spammers. (already happened once, never
again)  When I stop it from allowing relaying no remote users are able to
send email.  Instead they receive an NDR saying that relaying is not
allowed.

I am using exchange 2000 with the latest service pack and Outlook Express
for the clients.  I suspect that I need to alter the way I have it setup.
Is there a step by step guide to seting up Exchange for pop3/smtp clients?

Regards... Greg
List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: