Title: Message
see [William] below below.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Rick Ward - HQ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 12:21 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OT - Domino/Notes Versus Exchange

See >>> below
-----Original Message-----
From: Lefkovics, William [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 12:01 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues

>>Try waiting until the next version of Exchange.. It will be fully integrated with SQL2Kxx as Exchange and WIN2Kxx will rely on it for ALL the DB level work.

Really?  What have you heard?

>>>Can't disclose my source.. but this is definately in work.. in fact it has a code name already.
[William]  It has for a long time.

>>I hope they provide a clean upgrade path from 5.5 SPx, there are a lot of us out there.

So you'll stay on 5.5 for another 1-2 years... maybe more?
>>> Sure why not. If it ain't broke... hehehe..
Seriously.. IMHO XCHG 5.5 is considerably more reliable than XCHG2K. Granted 5.5 doesn't have some of the "NEW" "COOL" features, but from all that I've seen and experienced in testing XCHG2K my confidence wasn't improved at all to do a major conversion across 34 Sites in 27 States. XCHG2K also hasn't been too popular in the "new" email market (kinda like XP for OS's). I think the concept and design was excellent but it fell short on the functionality level to me. Not to mention administration is a LOT different and to retrain all 8 of our Admins(who are already Exchange weak) would have been more to deal with as well. Of course that's my problem.
[William]  Well, as an author and admin for both 5.5 and 2000, I totally disagree with the first part.  The admin is more granular and more worthy of the product.  The training is an issue however.  For a large deployment like yours, care and attention would have to be given in two parts - Windows AD and then Exchange.  I hope they implement an upgrade path from 5.5 as well.

-Rick